A very family-friendly beach with amazing clean white sand and clear water. Lots of amenities: picnic tables, bathrooms, playground for children, a shower to wash that salt off, and even a beach wheelchair. Chair and umbrellas are available for rent.
Mostly packed, since it's a public beach, so plan for an early arrival.
Popular things to do include picnicking, beachcombing, and fishing, as well as tanning and swimming, of course. This place is also a popular choice for marriages. No wonder! The views are so romantic...
There's really not much to say, actually – it's simply a perfect place to relax and spend your vacation.
- 1 hour 15 minutes driving time from Pensacola
- 2 hours from Mobile, Alabama
- 3 hours from Montgomery, Alabama
What we loved
- Beach area: swimming and tanning
- Nice playground for the little ones
- The Crab Trap restaurant