This amazing beach with soft white sands reminded me of the Caribbean. With a very relaxing atmosphere, it is clean and the waters are 100% see-through.
A family beach, ideal for kids or couples, it's a snorkeling paradise. All kinds of amenities are available. Bathrooms are a bit far though. Dogs are not allowed, however. You can rent a sunbed (around $30) or bring your own chairs and umbrellas.
Very busy during peak season so get there as early as you can. If you're an owl, you should come at around 5 PM by the time the majority of people leaves. Finding a parking spot can be challenging, too.
What we loved
- Everything. A day was not enough so we ended up renting a condo across the street from the beach and enjoyed our stay for a few more days.
- Snorkeling and paddling
- 1 hour 15 minutes from Pensacola, FL
- 2 hours from Mobile, AL
- 3 hours from Montgomery, AL
Hotels and rentals
If you're considering staying for one or even a few nights, there are plenty of options available near the beach. Chose your preferred accomodation type and your favourite room provider:
- Nearby rentals from VRBO.
- Nearby rooms and properties from Booking.com.
Additionally, there's a number of beaches near Crystal Sands Beach which you can visit:
- James Lee Park Beach (1 mile)
- Henderson Beach State Park (1 mile)
- Miramar Beach (Destin) (2 miles)
- Topsail Beach State Preserve (9 miles)
- Santa Rosa Beach (12 miles)