One of the nicest beaches on the west side of Florida and much less chaotic than Destin beaches. Free parking is available, but hard to find if coming in late. The views are beautiful and the area is rather quiet since there are no big hotels around.
Dogs are not allowed unless you are a resident and it's later than 3 PM, but there's a dog-friendly park nearby.
Pay attention to the flags – yellow flags mean rip currents, which can be dangerous, especially for small children.
Unfortunately, the number of residential areas decreased the beach size – there are no trespassing signs everywhere!
Shops and restaurants available across the street. We very much enjoyed local ice cream.
What we loved
- Crystal-clear water
- Powdery white sand
- Great landscaping (no tall buildings in the area)
- 50 minutes from Panama City Beach, FL
- 1 hour 35 minutes from Pensacola, FL
- 2 hours 20 minutes from Mobile, AL
Hotels and rentals
If you're considering staying for one or even a few nights, there are plenty of options available near the beach. Chose your preferred accomodation type and your favourite room provider:
- Nearby rentals from VRBO.
- Nearby rooms and properties from Booking.com.
Additionally, there's a number of beaches near Santa Rosa Beach which you can visit:
- Blue Mountain Beach (2 miles)
- Topsail Beach State Preserve (3 miles)
- Grayton Beach (4 miles)
- Miramar Beach (Destin) (10 miles)
- James Lee Park Beach (11 miles)