Dewees Island Beach is only accessible by water. Available options include:
- Sailing by private boat till the beach.
- Taking a ferry and sailing till the island’s southeastern coast. The beach is located in the southwest of the island. The distance from the ferry dock to the beach makes up about 1,5 miles (20 minutes on foot or 7 minutes by bicycle).
Driving till the Dewees Island ferry station will take you:
- 30 minutes from Downtown Charleston, SC
- 50 minutes from Summerville, SC
- 2 hours 15 minutes from Columbia, SC
Hotels and rentals
If you're considering staying for one or even a few nights, there are plenty of options available near the beach. Chose your preferred accomodation type and your favourite room provider:
Additionally, there's a number of beaches near Dewees Island Beach which you can visit: