Driving Time (till Bulls Island ferry)
Boneyard Beach is only accessible by boat. You can either sail by private boat or book a trip and go by Bulls Island ferry. The ferry trip lasts 20-30 minutes, and you can see dolphins while sailing.
The approximate driving time till the ferry station makes up:
- 20 minutes from Awendaw, SC
- 35 minutes from Charleston, SC
- 50 minutes from Summerville, SC
Once on the island, the captain will give you a map. Follow the map directions to find Boneyard Beach. The beach is located within 1,5 miles from the dock. See the map in the photos.
Hotels and rentals
If you're considering staying for one or even a few nights, there are plenty of options available near the beach. Chose your preferred accomodation type and your favourite room provider:
- Nearby rentals from VRBO.
- Nearby rooms and properties from Booking.com.
Additionally, there's a number of beaches near Boneyard Beach (Bulls Island) which you can visit:
- Dewees Island Beach (9 miles)
- Sandy Point Beach (10 miles)
- Lighthouse Island Beach (13 miles)
- Isle of Palms Beach (14 miles)
- Cape Romain National Wildlife Refuge (15 miles)