This beach is part of the Cape Romain National Wildlife Refuge.
The beach is only accessible by private boat. You can drive till McClellanville, SC, leave your car on a parking lot, and sail by boat.
Sail at your own risk! The trip to the beach is long, with strong winds and rip currents on your way. Also, there is no rescue service on the beach.
Driving till McClellanville will take you:
- 1 hour 50 minutes from Florence, SC
- 2 hours 35 minutes from Columbia, SC
- 3 hours 25 minutes from Augusta, GA
Hotels and rentals
If you're considering staying for one or even a few nights, there are plenty of options available near the beach. Chose your preferred accomodation type and your favourite room provider:
- Nearby rentals from VRBO.
- Nearby rooms and properties from Booking.com.
Additionally, there's a number of beaches near Sandy Point Beach which you can visit:
- Lighthouse Island Beach (4 miles)
- Cape Romain National Wildlife Refuge (4 miles)
- Cape Island Beach (7 miles)
- Boneyard Beach (Bulls Island) (10 miles)
- Santee Coastal Reserve Beach (10 miles)