Bogue Chitto State Park is a very nice and well-maintained park in Franklinton, LA, with a small sandy beach by the Bogue Chitto River.
Loved by campers and hikers, the park has both upland and bottomland campsites and several fishing lakes. The entrance fee is $1 per person. If you are willing to spend the night, you can camp in a tent, RV, or rent a cabin with some great views.
Kids will love the splashpad and the water playground for children. If you are into teambuilding, this park offers group camping options and even a conference room! And if you own a horse, there are horse-trails, too.
The park's doors are open 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. If you would like to know more, visit the park's official website. The State Park is enormous, you can find all that you need on the detailed map.
What we loved
- The splash pad
- Loooong (over 14 miles total) hiking trails
- 1 hour 15 minutes from New Orleans, LA
- 2 hours 5 minutes from Jackson, MS
- 2 hours 20 minutes from Lafayette, LA
Hotels and rentals
If you're considering staying for one or even a few nights, there are plenty of options available near the beach. Chose your preferred accomodation type and your favourite room provider:
- Nearby rentals from VRBO.
- Nearby rooms and properties from Booking.com.
Additionally, there's a number of beaches near Bogue Chitto State Park Beach which you can visit:
- White Sands Lake Day Beach (8 miles)
- Zemurray Park Beach (26 miles)
- North Shore Beach (Fontainebleau State Park) (42 miles)