St Vincent Island is 9 miles southwest of Apalachicola and is only accessible by boat. The closest public boat ramp to the island is located 22 miles west of Apalachicola at the end of County Road 30-B. From that boat ramp, it is one-quarter of a mile across to the island.
Boaters should be sensitive to winds, tide fluctuations, currents, storms, and oyster bars. Bring insect repellent, drinking water, sunscreen, and a hat.
St Vincent Island offers:
- miles of undeveloped beaches
- unimproved trails for hiking and bicycling
- rich wildlife
- bank fishing is allowed year round
(till the boat ramp at the end of County Road 30-B)
- 25 minutes from Downtown Apalachicola, FL
- 1 hour 20 minutes from Panama City Beach, FL
- 2 hours from Tallahassee, FL
Hotels and rentals
If you're considering staying for one or even a few nights, there are plenty of options available near the beach. Chose your preferred accomodation type and your favourite room provider:
- Nearby rentals from VRBO.
- Nearby rooms and properties from Booking.com.
Additionally, there's a number of beaches near St Vincent National Wildlife Refuge Beach which you can visit:
- Cape St George Island State Reserve Beach (4 miles)
- Money Beach (12 miles)
- St George Island Beach (Gulfside) (14 miles)
- Cape San Blas Beach (William J. Rish Park) (19 miles)
- T.H. Stone Memorial St. Joseph Peninsula State Park Beach (20 miles)