Cape St. George Island State Reserve Beach is only accessible by private boat. The nearest parking lot is located at the western tip of St. George Island. The parking lot is tiny and has places for 5-7 cars only.
To get to the water, go straight down along the Leisure Lane. The distance makes up about 0.3 miles and takes about a 10 minutes walk. Remember that the paved roads Tally Ho and Schooner Landing are private, and no trespassing is allowed.
Primitive camping is allowed on the beach but you'll need to contact the Apalachicola National Estuarine Research Reserve at 850-670-7700 first.
(till the nearest parking lot)
- 1 hour 50 minutes from Tallahassee, FL
- 2 hours 50 minutes from Dothan, AL
- 3 hours 10 minutes from Valdosta, GA
Hotels and rentals
If you're considering staying for one or even a few nights, there are plenty of options available near the beach. Chose your preferred accomodation type and your favourite room provider:
Additionally, there's a number of beaches near Cape St George Island State Reserve Beach which you can visit:
- St Vincent National Wildlife Refuge Beach (4 miles)
- St George Island Beach (Gulfside) (12 miles)
- Money Beach (15 miles)
- Dr. Julian G. Bruce St. George Island State Park Beach (21 miles)
- Cape San Blas Beach (William J. Rish Park) (23 miles)