Away from the overly crowded Myrtle Beach area, Magnolia Beach is still within driving distance from popular Myrtle Beach locations. It is a long sandy beach along a scenic coastal stretch with amenities and a state park nearby.
In addition to swimming, sunbathing, strolling, and enjoying the soothing ocean views, Magnolia Beach is also a popular spot for watersports. Overall, Magnolia Beach is a great place to escape from busy places and come with the whole family.
Location and Access
Magnolia Beach is located near Flagg Pond in Litchfield-by-the-Sea, South Carolina. The beach is easy to access and free – there is no entrance fee.
If you decide to go to Flagg Pond, beware of the alligators.
The beach is wide, flat, and very clean. It offers plenty of space and rarely gets overcrowded. The beach is very long so you can walk for miles and enjoy the beautiful views. The water is blue, clean, and very warm in summer. Swimming in the ocean is enjoyable!
Magnolia Beach is a nice place to spend time with your four-legged friend.
- 35 minutes from Myrtle Beach, SC
- 1 hour 30 minutes from Charleston, SC
- 1 hour 50 minutes from Wilmington, NC
Hotels and rentals
If you're considering staying for one or even a few nights, there are plenty of options available near the beach. Chose your preferred accomodation type and your favourite room provider:
- Nearby rentals from VRBO.
- Nearby rooms and properties from Booking.com.
Additionally, there's a number of beaches near Magnolia Beach (Litchfield-by-the-Sea) which you can visit:
- Litchfield Beach (1 mile)
- Huntington Beach State Park (3 miles)
- Pawleys Island Beach (4 miles)
- Debidue Beach (DeBordieu Beach) (8 miles)
- Garden City Beach (8 miles)