North Key Beach is one of the three wild natural beaches belonging to Cedar Keys National Wildlife Refuge.
The refuge is located on the Gulf of Mexico in Levy County. To get to North Key Beach, drive southwest along State Road 24 till the road ends. Leave your car on the parking lot, go to the nearest boat ramp, and sail to the refuge by boat.
Driving Time (till the end of State Road 24)
- 1 hour 10 minutes from Gainesville, FL
- 2 hours 20 minutes from Tampa, FL
- 2 hours 25 minutes from Jacksonville, FL
Hotels and rentals
If you're considering staying for one or even a few nights, there are plenty of options available near the beach. Chose your preferred accomodation type and your favourite room provider:
- Nearby rentals from VRBO.
- Nearby rooms and properties from Booking.com.
Additionally, there's a number of beaches near North Key Beach (Cedar Keys National Wildlife Refuge) which you can visit:
- Seahorse Key Beach (Cedar Keys National Wildlife Refuge) (2 miles)
- Atsena Otie Key Beach (Cedar Keys National Wildlife Refuge) (3 miles)
- Lil Shark Park Beach (4 miles)
- Cedar Keys National Wildlife Refuge (5 miles)
- Shired Island Campground Beach (20 miles)