Glass Beach is a black sand beach with lots of rocks and some beautiful fragments of sea glass buried in the sand.
Once there was a dump site at this place. Over the decades, the ocean waves would crash into the dump pile and would naturally break down glass and pottery shards into the smooth glass fragments.
Since beach visitors like to take the sea glass with them, now there’s not much left, yet the beach is worth visiting.
- 3 hours 25 minutes from San Fransisco, CA
- 3 hours 45 minutes from Sacramento, CA
- 4 hours 20 minutes from Redding, CA
Hotels and rentals
If you're considering staying for one or even a few nights, there are plenty of options available near the beach. Chose your preferred accomodation type and your favourite room provider:
- Nearby rentals from VRBO.
- Nearby rooms and properties from Booking.com.