El Matador Beach is a sandy beach with some pebbles and stones here and there. It features steep rock cliffs that look very picturesque, especially at dawn and at sunset.
People love to make photos on this beach — often without clothes, even though it is not a nude beach. Remember this if you are planning a visit with kids.
This is also an excellent place to watch the stars and meteor showers at night. And watching the sea life in tide pools is very exciting!
The picnic tables and the porta potties are located near the parking lot. The trip from the parking lot down the stairs to the beach takes 10-15 minutes.
- 45 minutes from Los Angeles, CA
- 2 hours 30 minutes from San Diego, CA
- 2 hours 30 minutes from Bakersfield, CA
Hotels and rentals
If you're considering staying for one or even a few nights, there are plenty of options available near the beach. Chose your preferred accomodation type and your favourite room provider:
- Nearby rentals from VRBO.
- Nearby rooms and properties from Booking.com.
Additionally, there's a number of beaches near El Matador Beach which you can visit:
- Zuma Beach (3 miles)
- Santa Monica Beach (Santa Monica State Beach) (22 miles)
- Hollywood Beach (Oxnard) (22 miles)
- Venice Beach (Los Angeles) (23 miles)
- Dockweiler Beach (26 miles)