- Wood burning beach fires are only allowed in city-supplied wood burning fires pits which are located south of 10th avenue. Wood burning fires are allowed from 4:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. Burning driftwood is prohibited.
- City fire pits are available on a first-come-first-served basis. Fire pits cannot be reserved.
- Use of self-supplied propane fire devices is allowed south of 10th Avenue from 4:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. Propane fire devices must be 25 feet from the base of the bluff or dunes
- Charcoal grills are not allowed.
- No fuel based lanterns such as Tiki torches.
- No temporary structures such as tents, canopies or similar enclosures.
- No smoking on the beach or scenic pathway.
- No littering.
- No alcohol on the scenic pathway. Consumption of alcohol is allowed on the beach.
- No accessing the beach via the protected beach bluffs. Use stairways and designated pathways.
- Dogs must be on a leash or under voice command control on the beach and must be on a leash on the scenic pathway.
- 1 hour 15 minutes from San Jose, CA
- 2 hours from San Fransisco, CA
- 3 hours 5 minutes from Sacramento, CA
Hotels and rentals
If you're considering staying for one or even a few nights, there are plenty of options available near the beach. Chose your preferred accomodation type and your favourite room provider:
Additionally, there's a number of beaches near Carmel Beach which you can visit: