The road to Black Sand Beach is rough, narrow and bumpy, with some gravel and lots of twists. Be careful and drive slowly, preferably by truck or by SUV.
- 1 hour 25 minutes from McKinleyville, CA
- 2 hours 50 minutes from Hayfork, CA
- 4 hours 5 minutes from Redding, CA
Hotels and rentals
If you're considering staying for one or even a few nights, there are plenty of options available near the beach. Chose your preferred accomodation type and your favourite room provider:
- Nearby rentals from VRBO.
- Nearby rooms and properties from Booking.com.
Additionally, there's a number of beaches near Black Sand Beach which you can visit:
- Baker Beach (Trinidad) (46 miles)
- Fisherman's Wharf Beach (Pier Beach) (46 miles)